WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights
This form must be signed by a parent/guardian. WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights please read carefully before signing.
I agree for my child / ward to take part in this event on the following basis:
1. I understand and acknowledge that participating in Outdoor Events (The Event) is a dangerous activity.
2. I am aware of the hazards involved and acknowledge that, in addition to usual and inherent risks, there is always risk of injury (including permanent injury, mental injury, paralysis and death) and loss or damage to my child’s property. The hazards include, but are not limited to remoteness from assistance or medical aid, condition or suitability of participant’s equipment and evacuation difficulties if my child is disabled.
3. In my judgement my child has sufficient competence, equipment and is fit and healthy to participate in all Event activities in a manner safe to themselves and others.
4. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of outdoor events is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home.
5. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my child’s personal possessions and equipment during the Event.
6. I consent to and authorise information to be provided to any medical practitioner, ambulance officer or any person involved or associated with any medical treatment or assistance that may be given as a result of my child’s participation in the Event, regardless of whether the treatment is given.
7. I agree to allow my child’s photograph, video, multimedia or film likeness and or name; where appropriate, to be used for advertising, promotion and/or any legitimate purpose by In2Adventure, its sponsors or assigns without payment or compensation.
8. I acknowledge that the Event arranged insurance covers my child for public liability only whilst participating in this event. I am responsible for personal accident insurance and ambulance cover for my child.
9. I agree that if my child suffers injury In2Adventure can, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as In2Adventure, its officers, agents or contractors deem essential for my child’s safety.
10. I hereby release and forever discharge from all liability and agree not to sue In2Adventure (Allura Pty Ltd) and its officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, land holders and sponsors from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me or my child as a result of my child’s participation in the Event.
11. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless In2Adventure (Allura Pty Ltd), its officers, agents, contractors and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any injury, loss or damage sustained by my child or any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default on my part in connection with my child’s participation in the Event.
12. I agree that if my child is younger than 5 years for the fun run or younger than 7 years for the bike event that I will accompany my child around the course and be responsible for their well being.
13. I confirm that I am aged 18 years or older and that I have read and understood this Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Agreement prior to submitting it and agree that this agreement will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors.
I agree that I am the legal parent or guardian of the participant.
I agree to the above conditions for myself and on behalf of the participant.
I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to above.
I, the parent/guardian of the participant consent to my son/daughter/ward participating in the event and confirm that I have read and understood this agreement prior to signing it.