9 November, 2016
The World’s Mountain Biking Elite Line Up for the Snowies MTB Stage Race
The Snowies Mountain Bike Festival returns to the Alpine High Country of New South Wales in 3 weeks’ time for its third iteration and there is a stellar field of elite competitors lining up for the challenge and the chance to share in the $10,000 cash prize pool.
SNOWY MOUNTAINS - Starting at an altitude of 1,260m, riders will be tested with over 100km of rugged mountain terrain, technical single track, a mammoth ascent, and some awe inspiring downhills, making this one of Australia’s most iconic mountain bike stage races.
The current Elite contenders include:
- Kyle Ward – NSW | Reigning Champion
- Andy Blair – ACT | Inaugural Champion
- Emil Stoynev – Bulgaria | 2nd U23 2015 Cross Triathlon World Champs, backing up from the Snowy Mountain Cross Triathlon World Champs the week before
- Tristan Ward – NSW | 1st place at 2016 Port to Port
- Brendan Johnston – ACT | 2016 National XCM Champion
- Will Kelsay – Colorado, USA | Xterra Veteran
- Guy Frail – NSW
- Toby Stewart – NSW
- Callum Carson – NSW
- Courtney Tune – NSW
- Robert Bolt – NSW
- Charlie Todd – NSW
- Samara Sheppard – NZ | Reigning Champion
- Jenny Fay – ACT | Inaugural Champion
- Renata Bucher – Switzerland | Multiple Xterra champion & 2016 Silver Medallist
- Tamara Donelson – USA | 2010 National and World Xterra Female Amateur Champ
- Briony Mattocks – NSW | 3rd 2016 Australian XCM Championship
- Ruth Owen-Evans – Wales | Wales, England & European Champion
- Charlotte Culver – NSW,
- Kelly Bartlett – ACT,
- Cristy Henderson – ACT,
- Zoe Cuthbert – ACT,
To see more of who is competing at the Snowies Mountain Bike Festival visit: www.SnowiesMTB.com.au
$10,000 Prize Pool
Elite riders will compete for a share of the $10,000 prize pool on offer to the top five male and female finishers, making it one of the most lucrative stage races in Australia.
But it’s not just for elite riders. The Snowies Mountain Bike Festival will be a testing event for solo riders, but those looking for a slightly less demanding challenge can take part in teams of two or three riders, with team members sharing the challenge of the various stages. Riders can also take part in either the 45km XC MTB Marathon or 30 or 15km XC MTB on Sunday, choosing the distance most suited to their ability.
As the event hubs, Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa will offer competitors and spectators use of the resort with properties from studios to three bedroom apartments covering all budgets and tastes. Thredbo Resort also has a wide range of accommodation and activities, giving visitors a perfect base to explore this spectacular part of NSW.
The Snowies Mountain Bike Festival is proudly supported by the NSW Government through its tourism and major events agency Destination NSW.
Entries & Information
For full event information and to enter online, visit the website www.SnowiesMTB.com.au
In2Adventure are Asia-Pacific’s premier adventure event specialists. With a full calendar of national events scheduled throughout Australia, including adventure races, cross triathlon, XC Mountain Bike, trail runs and corporate events, In2Adventure fully embraces all things ‘off road’ and ‘off the beaten track’ and offers a unique, individual experience for all ages and skill levels. For more information visit In2Adventure here.
Upcoming Events (2016/17):
- ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships – Lake Crackenback, NSW, 18-20 Nov 2016
- Snowies MTB Festival – Snowy Mountains, NSW, 25-27 Nov 2016
- Qld Cross Triathlon Championships & MultiSport Festival – Sunshine Coast, Qld, 11-12 Feb 2017.
Join the #in2adventure conversation
- Visit > our website
- Follow > us on Twitter #SnowiesMTB
- Like > us on Facebook
- Look > on Instagram
- Watch > In2Adventure TV
- Link > to us on Linkedin