24 April, 2019

IMPORTANT INFORMATION | Sunshine Coast MultiSport Festival Rescheduled

It is with great regret that we must advise that the Sunshine Coast MultiSport Festival, including the TreX Cross Triathlon Championships and the Sunshine Coast MTB Festival; due to be hosted at Ewen Maddock Dam in Landsborough on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of April has had to be rescheduled due to advice from Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service.

Since last weekend we have been monitoring weather conditions on site and the condition of the trails.  Knowing the site well and the nature of the terrain, we know from past experience that the trails do dry out more quickly than most and with the warm, sunny conditions forecast for the rest of this week, the conditions for the event were looking good.

However, last night correspondence was received from National Parks that due to the wet weather last weekend that additional constraints would be placed on the event if it was to go ahead this weekend.  The constraints on access to the event site means that it is not possible to host the event safely this weekend.  This is why we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel, despite the forecast sunny conditions over the next few days.

This is such a difficult decision and very disappointing for the event team and all the amazing people who work with us to make this event happen.  We also understand that it will be disappointing for all the competitors who were looking forward to a weekend of racing on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, however, the safety of our athletes is the number one priority, and this guides our decision making in all matters.

We are currently working with national parks and other stakeholders to look at rescheduling the event for 2 weeks time on the 11th and 12th of May or 25th and 26th May, however, this cannot be confirmed until we have communicated with all our essential service providers.  We understand that the first date on Sundayis Mothers Day, however, there are almost no other dates in the next few months that are available or where we don’t impact other events already scheduled.  If the event goes ahead on the 11th/12th we will be starting the MTB event early so it is finished up before lunch time on Sunday if we move forward with this date.  We will advise as soon as all is confirmed.

We have included a link to the event rescheduling policy for your reference and will keep you updated via the website and social media as we move forward with those discussions and plans.

We were so looking forward to the event this weekend and 98% of the set-up, planning and work has already been done, so it is not an easy decision to make, but one that we must make.

We thank you all in advance for your understanding and will continue to update information as we move forward with planning over the coming days.

Yours sincerely

Robyn, Simon and the In2Adventure team.

Contact Us: info@in2adventure.com.au


©2021 by In2Adventure | Privacy Policy

Proudly created by MRM My Robot Monkey Website Design | Graphic Design | SEO | Marketing